By Darryl Gove
Write High-Performance, Highly-Scalable Multicore functions for Any major and OS Environment
Programmers who know the way to leverage today’s multicore processors can in attaining amazing functionality advancements, yet multicore programming has generally been seen as advanced and hard. Multicore program Programming is the answer: a accomplished, useful advisor to high-performance multicore programming that any skilled developer can use.
Author Darryl Gove covers all best ways to virtualization on a number of prime structures, together with Linux, Oracle Solaris, Mac OS X, and home windows. via functional examples, he illuminates the demanding situations enthusiastic about writing purposes that totally make the most of multicore good points, supporting you produce purposes which are functionally right, provide more advantageous functionality, and scale good to 8 cores, 16 cores, and beyond.
Gove finds how particular implementations influence program functionality and exhibits find out how to stay away from universal capability programming pitfalls. step-by-step, you’ll write purposes that may deal with huge numbers of parallel threads, and you’ll grasp today’s so much complicated parallelization thoughts. You’ll learn the way to:
- Identify your most sensible possibilities to take advantage of parallelism
- Share facts adequately among a number of threads
- Write purposes utilizing POSIX or home windows threads
- Take good thing about automated parallelization and OpenMP
- Hand-code synchronization and sharing
- Overcome universal stumbling blocks to scaling
- Apply new methods to writing right, quickly, scalable parallel code
Multicore program Programming isn’t wedded to a unmarried process or platform: it really is for each skilled C programmer operating with any modern multicore processor in any best working approach surroundings.